Hi there!

My name is Annie (Patton) Lenigar and I would like to thank you for checking out my portfolio! This comprehensive collection of my works will present my beliefs and understandings of the many aspects of God and the gospel message, and hopefully show my appreciation for the study of theology.

There is going to be a lot of in depth writings found in this compilation of studies, but I believe that there is more to a person than simply what they can present through a portfolio.  With that being said, here are some behind-the-scene insights of my life and the roots of my perspectives.

I was born in 1989 and raised on my family's farm in Darlington, PA for most of my life.  We did not have much money, so we lived off the land and worked for everything we had.  I was an athlete from the beginning (my dad taught me how to punt a football at the age of 5) and I never looked back.  Through most of my life I believed that my successes in the classroom and the athletic arena defined my identity.

I enrolled at Mount Union College (now the University of Mount Union) in the fall of 2007.  I was a member of the track and field team and an Exercise Science major with the intentions of pursuing physical therapy school upon graduation.  I achieved success athletically (two-time all-american in the javelin), and academically (Dean's list every semester), but longed for more.  Through our campus's Fellowship of Christian Athletes huddle, I grasped for the first time what God's love meant for my life and I realized that a relationship with Him was exactly what I had been missing.

Through a shoulder injury that permanently damaged my athletic career, I realized that I had still been placing my identity in my successes rather than as a child of God.  During that time God also revealed to me the next step in His plan for my life, which was not becoming a physical therapist, but rather pursuing a life in the ministry field.

Besides all of these deeper personal insights, I really simply enjoy life. I have the best husband in the world...his name is Zach, and he has the best laugh I've ever heard. I love sports, dogs, lazy Saturdays (though few and far between), concerts, and laughing until I can no longer breathe.  I refuse to label myself as either a morning or night person, but rather a 24/7 person because I believe adventures and memories are possible at any moment.  I love motivating others to give their best as though working for the Lord.  There are few things I appreciate more than a good sweat and getting my hands dirty.  I have a passion for raising up young leaders in the church and hope to minister to young adults in whatever arena God has prepared for me.  I like to think that I am well-rounded, but I know that the potter is continually molding and stretching me.

Wherever life takes me I want to leave a mark.  I want that mark to be a reflection of Christ so unmistakable that everyone whose path I have crossed will know that they are loved by God.

I want my life to scream the gospel.